Welcome to Sam Desai for Cerritos Council
Transparency on candidates.
Why it is more urgent than ever?
Take a look yourself.
Candidate information and history helps voter determine
1. Who they worked for
2. Conflict of Interest
Do you believe in Government Accountability & Transparency?
- I want to see it in our Cerritos.
- For starters, How about our council gives us more information about closed-door meetings?
- Residents are demanding to know more, tell us what you are supposed to tell us!!
- We understand the need for it and many of us supported you in past, however, censorship has gone too far.
- Using technicalities to withhold information from residents is another sign of corruption.
Challenge: SAFETY & LIFESTYLE is at risk Like, in Hollywood, Police only show up after an incident or when residents request it. WE ARE CERRITOS. This is our Cerritos. Where are the patrols? We were told we will have CADILLAC SERVICE from our Police Dept and, our safety is going to be HANDLED!
HUGE PROBLEM: SIMPLE SOLUTION
Solution: Let’s be transparent and allow residents to see we are doing it!
Challenge: Addresses the 2 biggest hurdles in government accountability and real-time and real-life challenges we face right here in our Cerritos. Nepotism & corruption. Fits in with accountability.
Solution: 2 Term Limit on the CHARTER
HUGE PROBLEM: SIMPLE SOLUTION
2 TERM LIMIT
Challenge: Residents are being ignored.
- We deserve more !!
- STOP IGNORING THE RESIDENTS
- The current Council has shown a tendency to censor residents and ignore good solids recommendations to propel personal agendas.
- Take a look at CCPA - We can not do budgets and expenditures based on an UNREALISTIC predetermined outcome
- Magnolia Plant! We can not ignore it. Some ideas residents have given which makes sense
- We need 5 Year Plan, NOW!
Want to know what is else is on the Agenda?
It is what you have been saying for a while.
Curious, what does our councilperson do?
The City Council is composed of five members elected at large by the citizens of Cerritos to serve for four-year overlapping terms. As the City's legislative body, the City Council is responsible to the 51,488 residents of Cerritos for the implementation of all programs and services provided by the City. Annually, the City Council reorganizes, choosing one of its members to serve as Mayor and one of its members to serve as Mayor Pro Tem, both terms commencing in March and continuing for one year.
The City Council acts upon all legislative matters concerning the City by approving and adopting all ordinances, resolutions, contracts and other matters requiring overall policy decisions and leadership. The Council appoints the City Manager, the City Attorney and the City Clerk/Treasurer as well as the various commissions, boards and citizen advisory committees which ensure broad-based citizen input into the affairs of the City.
In reaching policy decisions, the City Council reviews proposals designed to meet community needs and sustain demanded service levels, initiates new programs to upgrade existing services, determines the ability of the City to provide financing for the proposed budget as submitted by the City Manager and oversees the expenditure of all City funds throughout the fiscal year.
Regular City Council meetings are held in the Cerritos City Council Chambers on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. In addition, following public notice, the Council may hold special meetings as may from time to time be appropriate.
( more details http://www.cerritos.us/GOVERNMENT/city_council.php )
Little bit more of what is going on in our City, Some Updates :
Cerritos Library, Cerritos Senior Center, and Community Centers have reopened to the public. The City is pleased to welcome the community back to these facilities.
Want to know more?
Get on my mail list.
Do you know what is going on on Social Media?
With the loss of ourcerritos.org website, I know many of our residents are ready to give up. Those who used to share their concerns and suggestions to City Hall are ready to give up. I know, I hear your frustrations.
I know many residents are tired of the politically divided atmosphere of our Cerritos Politics.
So many seniors, no longer want to continue making time and give feedback to Council. Residents want to give up. With OurCerritos.org website resting in peace, and with a lack of a good solid source of information on the inner workings of our Cerritos, I understand that we are all in the dark. I believe in residents and I know they will not give up. We will find other resources.
The second best option remains on Facebook. There you can find, @fix90703, you can find new up-to-date information there. Please note, this Facebook page is not affiliated with this campaign. I do take most of my information from there, seriously.
Want to know more?
Fine Arts and Historic Commission (FAHC) meeting were canceled, but for those interested, there is activity there. Some open projects:
1. Two sculptures at Sculpture garden - Whether to buy ($30,000) or replace them? What did they decide?
2. Resubmit the First responder statute. What happened?
3. Look at how to spend the $1.4 Million balance in the Arts in Public Places Fund including the replacement for the Chihuly art piece to be installed at the library. Did they look?
Want to find out if committee members, Joined council members during their visit to the Chihuly museum in Seattle, sign up for the email newsletter.
Sam Desai for Cerritos Council Elections: Volunteers
- Stay informed about the city of Cerritos, the issues being discussed among the community, what the city and council are doing and NOT doing.
- We all can agree to disagree in a respectful manner.
- Remain informed about the city of Cerritos, the issues which we are discussing.
- Listen to residents
- Are you aware of what the city and council are doing and NOT doing?
- Our volunteers are also IT experts, nurses, doctors, teachers, ex-politicians.
- Only trusted and relevant data collected from social media is accurate.
- Volunteers perform analytics using data collected from the City, report what they see to keep track of how the City is doing, and provide recommendations for improvement!
- Desai Campaign invites all Cerritos residents to join us and share feedback.
- Use your magic to communicate The Residents Agenda.
- Our goal is #BetterCerritos #MakeCerritosGreatAgain #MakeCerritosSafeAgain
WHAT MATTERS TO CERRITOS RESIDENTS
Tell us what is important to you?
Magnolia Power Plant
1908 New Residential Units
Streets which needs to be fixed
$3Million more for senior services
If you find any errors or mistakes on the page, please contact us. Volunteers are standing by. Go ahead, share the good news.