2 Term Limit on City of Cerritos Charter
- There may be few options on Elections 2020 Ballots.
Cerritos Voters will have a choice to amend our City Charter this upcoming Election in April 2022
- Most of the challenges our City experiences are because Council’s indifference and unwillingness to provide meaningful leadership and proper directions to the City management team.
- Electing the same politicians over and over without real terms limits reward bad behaviors.
Choose the one option which stops corruption in its place.
A Vote for 2 Term Limit.
At a second glance, it seems like Cerritos Council members decided to make Charter amendments to close loopholes and, removing penalties associated with them. This happened, only after residents started pointing out questionable compensations and perks. Only after residents started seeing a pattern of abuse. What is going on?
End the hold career politicians have over our Cerritos.
Use the rights and privileges we have earned as voters to hold our council accountable.
DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO ABUSE OUR CHARTER AND USE TECHNICALITIES TO IMPOSE THEIR SELF SERVING INTEREST ON US
- We have tracked the effort by City Council Members to Change Cerritos City Charter since September 2020 and, have concluded it to be a SHAM.
- Some council members condescendingly speak to residents
- Censor them
- Do all they can to limit the time a person can present an idea.
- Record shows, good common sense Ideas are being ignored.
- Residents have spoken: 2 Term Limit on charter.
- This was a charter study session were for input from residents.
- Residents keep giving their opinions and the council has vetoes or overrules them!
There are mainly 3 groups supporting different choices about changes to the City charter.
- First is, the No Change group.
We understand to get loyalty you have to give loyalty.
We ask residents if they have seen any loyalty from those who have served Cerritos for more than 2 terms?
They do give loyalty to the small circle of donors and influencers.
- The second is, The 2 Terms Limits group sees it as a way to end corruption and excuses. Holds council accountable.
Cerritos is a small City. We are an influential city because individuals like us chose to invest in this City.
We have seen our council censor residents, our unresponsive City not taking street repairs, or any other safety challenges seriously.
- 3 Terms group wants to continue perks and fiscal incentives
The most dangerous mindset is the one that says we have to pay residents to volunteer to serve on City Council.
Individuals in this group have created political alliances which festers favoritism by feeding on those desperate locals who are thriving for attention & relevance.
Attention added with a financial incentive is a formula for corruption.
Like Friend Circles, you will see individuals float through political circles. They cost Cerritos more.
2 Term Limit takes the advantage away from political circles and political alliances and, restores advantage back to the residents where it should always be.
Posted on 20 Nov 2021, 13:44 - Category: Clean Cerritos